2/01/2014

JO MALONE ENGLISH PEAR AND FREESIA COLOGNE

JO MALONE English Pear and Freesia Cologne 100 ml: AU $180 from David Jones





Xmas 2013
After subtly (or not) hinting for a while that I wanted this perfume as a gift for Christmas, I finally got it. I heard about this perfume from the Pixiwoo sisters and I eventually just had to go and have a sniff of it to see what all the hype was about. I have to admit, I fell in love with it in an instant; so much that I would occasionally go to David Jones only to spray myself with it.

The packaging is sleek; simple yet classy. For a tiny 100ml bottle, I have to say it is overly expensive; but I do understand where this elevated price comes from. Jo Malone products are absolutely unique and smell unlike anything else I’ve come across.


Not being able to find the right words to describe this work of art, I borrowed some from Jo Malone’s official website:

“The essence of autumn. The sensuous of just-ripe pears is wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias, and mellowed by amber, patchouli and woods. Luscious and golden.”

They say autumn, but I personally feel it is more of a spring/summer fragrance.

You will love this scent if you have a preference for light fresh fruity fragrance. It is a clean scent in my opinion; it would be more appropriate for a day fragrance.

4 comments:

  1. Babe! I adore your blog soo much!! I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin' :-).. Hope you can follow back!

    Love,

    Noor
    http://queenofjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo oo oo! Even though this is sooo pricey, I want to try it just from the scent description and the fact that you say they have unique items! :) Following your blog now ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya you should definitely give it a try, pretty sure you'll love it. thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete